Stroke is the leading cause of adult disability in the United States. Post-stroke elderly individuals often experience significant mental, physical and social challenges after being discharged from the hospital. Stroke patients often make 70% of their recovery in the first three months after a stroke. Post-stroke senior care is crucial during the first 3-4 months after discharge when the most rapid recovery takes place. Often, stroke patients continue to recover well into the first and second years after their stroke.
Benefits of Stroke Home Care Services
Caregivers can provide stroke survivors in recovery with patience, empathy and assistance. One of the most valuable benefits of stroke home care services is that clients learn skills in a comfortable, familiar environment — their own home. Many stroke survivors do not require a complete range of rehabilitation services and instead may need an individualized service or unique personal care plan. In-home post-stroke senior care can help ensure a successful recovery at home while maximizing long-term independence.
Post-stroke senior care helps individuals live their best life after trauma in the comfort of their home. Caregivers can assist stroke patients with the following:
- Activities of daily living, including hygiene and dressing
- Mobility assistance
- Emotional support
- Meal preparation and proper nutrition
- Fall prevention
- Medication reminders
- Transferring and ambulation
- Oral care
- Driving and errands including grocery shopping
Personal Care Services in Aventura and Miami-Dade County, FL
Active Home Care refers caregivers to take care of your loved ones when you cannot be there. Our empathetic staff strives to help seniors maintain the happiest, healthiest lifestyle possible in Aventura, Miami and other nearby areas in Southern Florida.
Our caregivers will develop a personal care plan tailored to your loved one’s unique needs, including any health or medical conditions they may have. If you choose Active Home Care, you’ll enjoy:
- Guidance on long-term care insurance: We provide complimentary advice and activation of long-term care insurance.
- No minimum hours of service: We are flexible when it comes to accommodating your loved one’s needs in the comfort of their own home.
- Superior customer satisfaction: Call us 24/7 and we’ll assign a dedicated service representative to give your needs immediate attention.
- The highest standard of care in the industry: We hire and refer only professional, qualified and insured caregivers. We also perform regular quality checks to ensure all our clients are completely satisfied.
Take Care of Your Loved Ones With Stroke Recovery Care in Miami, FL
Active Home Care is a Licensed Nurse Registry in Florida committed to referring caregivers for in-home senior care services. Our team of compassionate and dedicated experts will guide you through the process of choosing a caregiver to match your loved one’s exact needs, guaranteed. We know how valuable quality companionship and in-home personal care services are for aging seniors.
Our qualified, insured caregivers will assist seniors in activities of daily living, housekeeping, cooking, laundry, errands and transportation to and from appointments. Allow us to help you and your loved one achieve peace of mind with our stroke home care services in Miami, Florida.
Contact Active Home Care today to learn more about how our referred caregivers provide stroke home care services with no minimum hours of service.